Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Basic Oatmeal Facial Mask

Got some plain oatmeal laying around? Or maybe it expired and you don't want to just throw it away. Make a mask out of it! Oatmeal can be used as a scrub to clean out pores for smoother, clearer skin. It's suitable for all skin types and there are many different ways to use it!

I recently made a mask out of oatmeal by mixing 1/2 cup of dry oats with 1/3 cup of boiling water to make a paste. Avoid sweetened or flavored oatmeal varieties. Let it cool and apply on face. After 20 minutes, wash your face with water and moisturize! :)

There are numerous benefits of oatmeal masks and even more different kind of masks you can make with plain oats. Try adding a little bit of honey or milk. What kind of facial masks do you create in your own kitchen? Let me know by leaving me a comment!

Post update 8/2/2012:

I didn't get to write about my results! :( I was busy at work (and procrastinating, hehe) so I didn't get to finish. Well, what I found after the mask was...

1) My pores decreased dramatically in size! My skin looked so clear. :)

2) My face looked fresh and brighter, like I had a good night's sleep.

3) My skin was really soft; the oats exfoliated my skin a little!

Give this mask a try!

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Leave me a message here! I appreciate each and every one. Thank you! <3