Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Lovely Bones


I spent two days consuming myself in "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. I know, the book came out a couple years ago. I bought the book (for about $1!) at a used book sale on campus last year and finally got around to it. I love good sales. I must say the storyline itself is pretty impressive. There were a number of suspenseful points in the book that seemed to grab a hold of me. Susie Salmon, the narrator, watches her family grieve and move on from her tragic death at fourteen years old. From heaven, Susie discovers her mother's hidden personality and her father's undying love. "The Lovely Bones" is a great read; I recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. I read this a few months ago and loved it. Another really captivating story (somewhat similar to this) is Second Glance by Jodi Piccoult. GREAT book.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Leave me a message here! I appreciate each and every one. Thank you! <3