Saturday, November 3, 2012

Visitors + Presents

I love Saturdays. I love knowing it's a relaxing day because there's no class the next day. I love using this day to get stuff done, like grocery shopping and having fun.

Today, my parents + brother and grandma visited! We went out for dim sum (same place I went to for my birthday couple weeks back). It's called Jade Cathay and it was the first dim sum restaurant I've tried in San Jose. Their food is hot and fresh. And really delicious! Service is about average. The place isn't too big. We had to wait about five minutes for a table. I think the only thing I would complain about is the price. It was pretty expensive, but maybe it's because everything in San Jose and the Bay Area is pricey. Especially apartments... We actually had a hard time finding Jade Cathay because our GPS couldn't locate it! Good thing I sort of know my way around San Jose :)

After dim sum, we went to Oakland! Groceries in Chinatown are half the price from what I pay at Safeway! For example, Napa cabbage was only 29 cents a pound. If only I didn't have so many veggies... My parents brought me over a month's worth of food. Maybe two months. This happens every single time. In Chinatown, my brother and I spent the first hour in a Hello Kitty store! I bought a bunch of gifts for my roommates' Christmas presents. I ended up buying a cute eraser set for me and Jon.

I spend way too much on that boy. I did his Christmas and birthday shopping already and it came to almost $90! I don't even think I'm finished... I've gotten Jon a bunch of presents before: a custom keychain, a bunny keychain (from a couple's set), a ceramic paper crane, a Yu-Gi-Oh card he wanted, white chocolate macadameia cookies. I handmade even more presents for him: origami picture frame, tons of silly drawings, a huge pile of handwritten letters, 23 origami cranes on a string (one for each day he was gone in Oklahoma). I already have our anniversary present ready! Well, it's still in the making ;) Less than three months to go until our first year!

Last night, I watched "James and the Giant Peach" on YouTube and the night before that, I watched "Sweet Home Alabama" which is one of my favorite movies of all times. I love full length films on YouTube :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Leave me a message here! I appreciate each and every one. Thank you! <3