Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review: Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Invisible Treatment Gel


I have been battling it out with my acne for almost a year now. I've tried different facial cleansers, acne cream, and facial masks. Nothing seems to work! Lainey from BelleBeautyBlog recommended Alba Botanica's Natural ACNEdote Invisible Treatment Gel (sorry for the bad quality picture). It has 2% salicylic acid and willow bark extract. The gel is clear and a little dot goes a long way. I bought mine off eBay.com for $7.99 (free shipping), but Lainey said it's about $12 in-stores. Personally, I think it's a little expensive because the bottle is so little! There's only 0.5 ounces :( I have been using this gel every day for about two weeks now. I can't say I'm seeing any improvement. In fact, I'm breaking out even more. It's really bad now and I can't leave my apartment without concealer :( I would probably purchase this gel again from eBay. It smells pretty good and has a refreshing tingle when applied :)

However, I'm not going to assume this gel was the cause. I did start using a clay mask I got for my birthday. I don't really like clay masks and I feel like that's the reason why I'm breaking out. Maybe clay masks aren't right for my skin. I've heard it's best for oily skin. I have somewhat normal skin. It's sometimes a little oily, sometimes a little dry. It all depends on the weather.

Have you tried this? Did it work? Let me know!

You can purchase the ACNEdote Invisible Treatment Gel here:


2 comments:

  1. Aw, so sorry to hear it didn't help you :-( Hope the breakouts clear up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lainey :) I'll probably use up the whole bottle to see if it really works or not. If it does, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Leave me a message here! I appreciate each and every one. Thank you! <3