Hello again! Back in July, when I first created this blog, I didn't think about making friends or receiving awards and now, here I am, making friends and receiving awards! A couple of days ago, Lainey nominated me for the Liebster Award (woohoo!) and today, she has granted me another award! Beauty O'holic's Best Beauty Award.
Lainey is actually a part-time blogger at Beauty O'holic :) The creator of Beauty O'holic is Meredith and, as Lainey stated in this post, Meredith decided to create her own award!
What are the rules?
- Be thoughtful by thanking and linking back to your nominee. I think this is the most important rule.
- Write 10 random facts about yourself.
- Then answer your nominee's 10 questions.
- Nominate 10 other beauty bloggers. I guess my blog is becoming a beauty blog... :)
- Write 10 questions for those lovely people you just nominated.
- Their blogs must have the blogspot.com domain.
- And finally, add the award to your blog :)
10 Random Facts About Emmy
1. I'm taller than my mom. And I'm only five feet tall!
2. I learned how to knit and crochet in middle school. I even made a teddy bear!
3. The first time I got my ears pierced was in fifth grade. I got them redone in high school, sophomore year. Those are my only piercings still.
4. I love the classic, original Pokemon with Ash, Misty, and Brock. Who are those characters nowadays?!
5. I used to bite my nails in elementary school. Then I realized my nails became hideous and uneven, so I stopped.
6. I love roller coasters. Just until I start to feel sick :P
7. 18-20-22... Jonathan's birthday (which is the same as my brother's, haha!), our anniversary, and my birthday. Evenly spaced out.
8. I'm a Libra, which is the balanced scales. This might explain why I think #7 is pretty cool.
9. I like to think of myself as a good writer. Of course I'm always improving, but I'm proud of what I can put together in those ten-page essays.
10. My current roommate, Sara, and I are friends, sisters, and "lovers." As in we like to hold hands and hug, and we have nicknames for each other :P
Lainey's Questions For Me
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Oh, man. This is a tough question. I like to write and design. Making friends through the blogging world is great. I think my most favorite thing is either coming up with interesting posts (because they always turn out better than expected) or feeling proud and accomplished (because my readers are so awesome!).
2. How do you store your beauty products?
Since I travel a bit from college to home and back again, I keep my essentials in a makeup bag. When I'm not traveling, I have a teal makeup organizer thing to keep my things organized :) In each compartment, I separate my products by face, eyes, and lips.
3. Have you met any friends through blogging?
No, not yet. I hope to, one day :)
4. Do you have a favorite movie or TV series?
I don't... but I love the Pixar movies, some girly things like "27 Dresses" and "Sweet Home Alabama," and I actually don't mind watching action/ adventure and drama movies. TV series? I don't really watch TV... but I've been loving "Once Upon a Time" <3
5. What was your main reason for starting a blog?
I'm in my second year of college, and in my first, I had a lot of free time. I napped and played games all the time! This school year, I wanted a change. And I've had a few blogs before, so I decided to try and make this one more successful. And it sure is :)
6. How long have you been blogging?
I think I created my first blog when I was about 15. I've had Ms. Emmy since July 2012.
7. If you could have anything in the world, right now, what would it be?
The first thing that came to mind was good health, because today I wasn't feeling well. I almost fainted. But then, if I think about it some more... I would like some cake, please! I had a dream about cake the other night...
8. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla! Vanilla cake and vanilla ice cream! Yum!
9. Have you won a blog award before?
Yes, I have! Just three days ago, I won the Liebster Award! Check it out here.
10. Would you rather play up your eyes or lips?
Eyes. I actually don't wear anything on my lips. I lick and chew on my lips a lot. Bad habit, I know.
Who Do I Nominate?
That's all I got... I honestly don't follow a lot of beauty blogs. I need to search for some more!
10 Questions For My Nominees
1. What is your favorite moisturizer of all time?
2. Do you shave or wax? Other?
3. How many colors have you dyed your hair?
4. What is your favorite nail polish color for your toes?
5. If you could only bring one, which would you choose: a straightener or curler?
6. What kind of hair products do you recommend?
7. What's your go-to lip color?
8. Have you ever had any skin problems?
9. What's your favorite body lotion?
10. What was the worst beauty product you've ever used?