Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Night Before

I'm ready to be assigned readings and to listen to long, boring lectures. Doesn't sound very fun, huh. But I actually look forward to school! Besides the fact that I still look like I'm 15 years old... It's going to be different, since I live off-campus this time. So far, I've been cooking and cleaning non-stop! It also takes 15 minutes to just reach the edge of campus, meaning I have to wake up and be prepared super early. One of my earliest class this semester starts at 7:30 am... I hope I can wake up!

It's tough living with a broken fridge. The freezer works fine; in fact, it's probably colder than it should be. But no fridge means no leftover food or fresh fruits and veggies :( No mayo, no butter, no orange juice or milk... the point is that a refrigerator is both a luxury and a must. Kudos to the inventors.

Since we can't refrigerate anything, I've been taking advantage of the freezer! Frozen veggies actually have the same nutrients as fresh ones :) You can keep them in the freezer for a while and they're easy to reheat. I also stuffed my freezer shelf with pizza rolls and some other junk... but they're delicious! Those pizza rolls, man are they worth it! I purchased one bag of 40 rolls for just under $2 at Wal-mart and I eat about 10 a time, so that's kinda like four servings! I love good deals :) I also bought frozen corn (about 2 or 3 servings a bag) for $1.25 from Wal-mart.

I can't wait to get a new fridge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Leave me a message here! I appreciate each and every one. Thank you! <3