Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chef Emmy: Asian Quesadillas and Side Salad


Hmm, what to do with left over rice and stir-fry chicken + broccoli? Grab some shredded cheese and tortillas and sandwich the leftovers! 

I took about 1/2 a cup of prepared rice and stir-fry, enough cheese for my liking, and added some more stir-fry sauce (any sauce works fine). Then I plopped the loaded quesadilla onto my stove! Super easy and a great way to get rid of leftovers that are still fresh. On the side, I rinsed some baby carrots and added a pasta salad. Yes, I did buy the salad from Safeway (hehe), but you can make your own too :) 

This meal is really versatile; you can substitute the meat with beef or pork (no meat works too!), the broccoli with spinach, carrots with fruit, or the pasta salad with your favorite! Even better, this meal probably costed me about $3.00 :) 

Perfect for putting leftovers to use, saving money, and eating healthy! Man, being a broke college student sucks...

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I may do something like this with ham and fruit... delicous!!

    www.thebellebeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lainey! Let me know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Leave me a message here! I appreciate each and every one. Thank you! <3