Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chef Emmy: Teriyaki Beef and Pineapple Over Rice

Whenever I think about what to eat for dinner, my thoughts come at the most random times. Yesterday, I was opening the door to my apartment when I decided to try something new :)

1 1/2 to 2 cups rice
1 pound of beef strips (or chicken)
1 cup canned pineapple chunks
salt
pepper
teriyaki sauce

Prepare beforehand: I marinated the beef strips with salt, pepper, and about 2 or 3 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce. You can add more or less sauce. Then I added the pineapple chunks and put the whole mixing bowl with plastic wrap into the fridge for about 2 hours.

1. Wash and cook the rice first: Rinse the cups of rice a couple times. You'll notice the water will be less cloudy the more you rinse it. Add water until you have an equal level of water and rice. For example, if you have one inch of rice, add one inch of water. Cook the rice in a rice cooker.

2. Heat stove to high and empty the mixing bowl when pan is hot. Make sure the meat are evenly placed and not stacked on top of each other or on top of the pineapple. Now's a good time to add more teriyaki sauce if desired. Wait about 5-7 minutes and flip the meat onto its other side. I also like to move the pineapples around a bit. 

3. Make sure the meat is cooked on both sides.

4. When the rice is done, serve the beef and teriyaki on top.

Serves about 2. 

I don't have a picture this time, but it was very delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Leave me a message here! I appreciate each and every one. Thank you! <3