Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer

Today was my speech for communications class. The topic is values and mine were: the environment, factory farming, and education. The environment and education are pretty self-explanatory. You hear and see it all the time. But what about factory farms? Currently, I am reading "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer.

Image taken from here... Oprah's reading list!
It is such a good book; it has opened my eyes about farm animals, the food we eat, the meat industry, how animals are treated, etc. I highly recommend this book (I told my boyfriend to read it after I'm done!) to anyone. Although Foer is a vegetarian, his book isn't written to change people's dinner plans forever. He incorporates many perspectives, even from the farms themselves.

Foer wasn't always a vegetarian. In fact, it was an on-again off-again cycle. However, the birth of  his son gave him a reason to become a dedicated vegetarian.

Jonathan Foer is also the author of "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close." I haven't read the book or seen the movie yet, but I'm planning to! :)

You can buy this book by clicking here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Leave me a message here! I appreciate each and every one. Thank you! <3