Hey everyone! Today I will be reviewing this L'oreal cleanser, but don't think I love it just because I'm almost done with the bottle! When the "Scrublet" line came out, I wanted to try it so bad, but I waited because 1) I wasn't out of a cleanser yet and 2) I like sales! One day, while I was looking around at CVS, I saw this cleanser and it was on sale for about $2 or $3! I decided to buy it because it was so cheap. I was a little disappointed because the other "Scrublet" products weren't on sale :( I bought this a while ago and I finally decided to use it.
What is a "Scrublet"?
A "Scrublet" is the little facial scrubber the product comes with (L'oreal came up with the name). Since I bought the "Deep Cream Cleanser," my "Scrublet" is pink. It pops right out and after wetting it a little, you put a dime-sized bit of product on there. Then you cleanse your face in a circular motion.
What do I think about this product?
- I use this cleanser in the morning because I find that it doesn't cleanse my face too well. If I use it at night with a makeup or oily face, I don't feel as clean. That's why I use my Morning Burst! ;)
- The "Scrublet" is soft and flexible, but BEWARE if you have a big pimple. Sometimes the "Scrublet" pops my pimple for me and I'm left with a bloody face :( If you have a pimple, try using the cleanser with your fingertips instead.
- It contains salicylic acid, but for me, it has done nothing to combat my acne.
- It's a gentle cleanser that leaves a tingly, refreshing feeling.
- Lathers easily with a little bit of water. I like to wet my face and the "Scrublet" just a little bit. If there's not enough water, it will feel too dry and will not lather.
In conclusion, I am just trying to use the bottle up. It cleans somewhat effectively, but I can still feel a little bit of oil left on my skin sometimes. It does nothing for my acne, even though it has salicylic acid as an ingredient. I will not purchase this product again because there is nothing special about it. However, I might try the other "Scrublet" products. I know they have a gel cleanser (in a green bottle, I think) and I happen to like gel cleansers :)